As a small business owner, you might consider the benefits of outsourcing social media management to an agency like 99social. Below, we’ve put together some commonly asked questions to give you a head start – don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any more.
1. Why should small businesses outsource their social media management to an agency?
There are several reasons why a business might choose to outsource its social media.
One reason is that managing social media can be time-consuming, and outsourcing it to a specialized company or individual can free up time for the business to focus on other aspects of the company.
Additionally, social media is an important part of a company’s online presence, and a specialized company or individual may have the expertise and experience necessary to manage a company’s social media effectively. Outsourcing can also help a business to save money, as hiring a full-time employee to manage social media can be expensive.
2. How can you share your passwords safely with a social media management company?
There are a few different ways you can share your passwords with a social media management company safely. Here are a few suggestions:
- Use a password manager: A password manager is a tool that allows you to store all your passwords in a secure, encrypted way. You can then share your password manager account with the social media management company, who will be able to access the passwords they need without you having to share them directly.
- Use two-factor authentication: Two-factor authentication adds an extra layer of security to your accounts by requiring you to enter a code that is sent to your phone or email in addition to your password. This means that even if someone were to get your password, they would not be able to access your account without the second factor.
- Generate a temporary password: Another option is to generate a temporary password that you can share with the social media management company. Once they are done using it, you can change the password back to something else. This way, even if the temporary password is somehow compromised, your main password will remain safe.
In short, the best way to share your passwords with a social media management company is to use a combination of these techniques to ensure maximum security.
3. How can a social media management company get to grips with your brand voice?
A social media management company can get to grips with your brand voice by working closely with you to understand your company’s values, tone, and overall message. Here are a few steps they might take to do this:
- Conduct a brand audit: The first step in understanding your brand voice is to conduct a thorough audit of your existing social media presence. This might involve analyzing your existing content, looking at how you engage with your audience, and reviewing any past marketing materials.
- Have a meeting with you: The next step is to have a meeting with you to discuss your brand in more detail. This might involve asking you questions about your company’s values, your target audience, and your overall goals for your social media presence.
- Create a social media strategy: Once the social media management company has a good understanding of your brand, they can begin to create a social media strategy that is tailored to your specific needs. This might involve creating a content calendar, identifying key themes and messages, and outlining a plan for how to engage with your audience.
Overall, the key to getting to grips with your brand voice is to work closely with you and take the time to really understand your company and its goals. This will allow the social media management company to create a social media strategy that effectively reflects your brand and helps you engage with your audience.
4. How can you keep in touch with your social media manager?
Here are a few tips for staying in touch with your social media manager:
- Set up regular meetings or check-ins to discuss the progress and performance of your social media efforts. This can be done in person, over the phone, via WhatsApp, or via video conference.
- Provide clear communication and feedback on your expectations and goals for your social media presence. This will help your social media manager understand your vision and ensure they align with your goals.
- Encourage open communication and collaboration between your team and the social media manager. This can help ensure everyone is on the same page and working towards the same goals.
- Use project management tools or software to track the progress and performance of your social media efforts. This can help you to stay organized and on top of things.
- Keep an open mind and be willing to adapt and adjust your social media strategy as needed. Social media is constantly changing, and staying flexible and responsive can help you to maximize the effectiveness of your efforts.
5. What are the pros and cons of outsourcing social media as a small business?
Here are some potential pros and cons of outsourcing social media for a small business:
- Outsourcing social media can save time and free up resources for the business to focus on other aspects of the company.
- A specialized company or individual may have the expertise and experience necessary to manage a company’s social media effectively.
- Outsourcing can help a business to save money.
- Outsourcing can be expensive, especially for small businesses with limited budgets.
- Working with an outside company or individual can be less personal and may lack the same level of understanding of the business and its goals as an in-house team.
- There may be a loss of control over the company’s social media presence when outsourcing to an external company or individual.
- Outsourcing may not be the best option for businesses that have a strong internal team and the resources to manage their own social media.
6. How do social media managers onboard new clients?
The process of onboarding new clients for a social media manager can vary depending on the specific needs and goals of the client. In general, the process may include the following steps:
- Initial consultation: The social media manager will meet with the client to discuss the client’s goals and expectations for their social media presence, as well as the manager’s approach and services.
- Setting up accounts: The social media manager will help the client to set up accounts on the appropriate social media platforms, if needed.
- Developing a strategy: The social media manager will work with the client to develop a social media strategy that aligns with the client’s goals and target audience. This may include defining the overall tone and voice for the client’s social media presence, as well as identifying key themes and topics to focus on.
- Creating content: The social media manager will create content for the client’s social media accounts, such as posts, images, and videos.
- Scheduling and posting: The social media manager will schedule and post the content on the appropriate social media platforms, according to the agreed-upon schedule.
- Monitoring and analyzing: The social media manager will monitor and analyze the performance of the client’s social media efforts, and provide regular reports and recommendations for improvement.
7. Can social media managers respond to comments and messages on my small company’s behalf?
Yes, social media managers can respond to comments and messages on a company’s social media accounts on the company’s behalf. This is a common service provided by social media managers, and can be an effective way for a business to engage with its customers and followers on social media.
In order to respond to comments and messages on a company’s behalf, the social media manager will need to have access to the company’s social media accounts and be familiar with the company’s tone and voice. It’s important for the business to provide clear guidelines and instructions to the social media manager on how to handle comments and messages, as well as any sensitive or contentious issues that may arise.
8. What do good social media management companies have in common?
Good social media management companies typically have the following characteristics in common:
- They have a clear understanding of the client’s goals and expectations for their social media presence.
- They are knowledgeable about the latest trends and best practices in social media marketing.
- They are able to develop and implement a successful social media strategy that aligns with the client’s goals and target audience.
- They have a team of experienced and skilled professionals who are able to create high-quality content for the client’s social media accounts.
- They are able to monitor and analyze the performance of the client’s social media efforts, and provide regular reports and recommendations for improvement.
- They have a proven track record of success, with positive client testimonials and case studies to support their work.
- They are transparent and communicative, providing regular updates and reports to the client on the progress of their social media efforts.
9. How can I give a social media management company a good brief about my business?
A good brief for a social media management company should include information about your business, your target audience, and your goals for social media. You should also include information about your brand, including your tone of voice and messaging. Additionally, it can be helpful to provide the social media management company with any specific instructions or guidelines for managing your social media accounts.
This can include information about the types of posts you want to share, the frequency of posting, and any other details that you feel are important for the company to know. It’s also important to provide the social media management company with access to your social media accounts so that they can effectively manage them on your behalf.
10. Does my small business actually need to post on social media?
It depends on your business and your target audience. In general, social media can be a valuable tool for small businesses, as it allows you to connect with customers and potential customers in a more personal and engaging way. If your target audience is active on social media, then it can be a good idea to have a presence on the platforms where they are most likely to be found. This can help you to build brand awareness, engage with your audience, and drive traffic to your website. However, if your target audience is not active on social media or if you don’t have the time or resources to effectively manage your accounts, then it may not be necessary for your business to have a presence on social media.
Have any other questions? Reach out to the team at 99social today to find out more and arrange a consultation.